Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF), a national non-profit, headquartered in Hampton, VA, has been solving insurance and healthcare problems since 1996. Our mission is to eliminate patient obstacles to access quality health care. We provide assistance to patients through effective mediation to assure access to quality health care, maintenance of employment and preservation of financial stability.
Administrative & Volunteer Coordinator
National Patient Advocate Foundation (NPAF), a national non-profit, headquartered in Washington, DC, that brings patient voices to health system delivery reform. We develop and drive initiatives promoting equitable access to affordable quality health care through policy action and public and private partnerships. Our sister organization, Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF) provides direct patient services to patients and families facing barriers to accessing affordable, quality health care. The experiences of these patients inform and influence NPAF’s programs and initiatives. To read more about us, please visit our website at www.npaf.org.
NPAF is currently seeking an Administrative and Volunteer Coordinator to join our team in D.C. Reporting to the EVP of Patient Advocacy, the Administrative & Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative functions and volunteer efforts for the NPAF office.
Essentials job functions include:
- Schedule appointments for executive staff and manage the NPAF calendar
- Ensure that NPAF’s activities and staff are in compliance with 501 (C) 4 organization regulations; maintain and submit lobbying reports
- Work collaboratively with executive management team representing different departments at PAF to manage the day-to-day operational health of NPAF including information technology and project management
- Maintain the NPAF website and social media accounts
- Work with PAF’s IT department to ensure the ongoing maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure
- Process expense reports, timesheets for all staff and manage the office’s petty cash
- Organize and manage the day-to-day operations of the NPAF office, including:
- Provide administrative support for designated NPAF staff
- Organize, manage and serve as a key liaison with NPAF/PAF Volunteers and grassroots advocates
- Assist in management of Community Outreach and Education Programs
- Participate in organizing legislative advocacy meetings as needed
- Develop and disseminate materials and communications
- Assist in volunteer messaging and engagement
- Recruit and screen volunteers
- Assist in the development and manage implementation of outreach and engagement plan to cultivate and retain volunteers
- Maintain database of volunteers, maintain list of patient advocacy opportunities for NPAF volunteers, conduct regular volunteer surveys to ascertain interests and skills
- Supervise and participate in the organization and management of NPAF/PAF legislative volunteers
- Develop, cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with patient advocacy groups and partners
- Participate in state advocacy meetings and events as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience required
- Relevant understanding of patient advocacy programs and processes
- Experience in working with volunteers in a professional environment
- Non-profit, healthcare and/or patient advocacy experience, preferred
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge in website content management and other social media, such as Facebook and Twitter
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with individuals across all organizational levels
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Associate Degree preferred
- 2+ years of work experience within a healthcare or medical environment, required
- The ability to work full-time hours from 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday
- Ability to talk and type at the same time
- Excellent communication and customer service experience
- Hands-on experience working within a customer management database, preferred
Competitive salary and benefit package offered. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
NPAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Patient Account Representatives
PAF is seeking qualified Patient Account Representatives to join our Case Management department. A Patient Account Rep will work directly with patients contacting our Case Management department for assistance. This role gathers and inputs all patient information into the database, thoroughly explains the services provided by PAF and initiates the case management process.
The successful candidate will have:
PAF is pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive benefit package. We are committed to bring financial health and prosperity to the people of our organization which is reflected in a total compensation package. Our benefits include: health, dental & visions options, STD/LTD, group life & AD&D, group accident and cancer plans, paid holidays, vacation, sick & personal leave, paid winter shut down, 401k with matching, and various wellness programs.
This is an incredible opportunity to join an organization that makes a difference! To apply please send your cover letter and resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
One team, one mission – Are you ready to make a difference?
PAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer