W. Jackson Wisdom Partner
W. Jackson Wisdom
Martin, Disiere, Jefferson & Wisdom, L.L.P.
Mr. Wisdom is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He handles complex labor and employment disputes in state and federal courts and in arbitrations and he often represents clients throughout the United States before a variety of governmental agencies, including OSHA, EEOC, NLRB, and DOL. Mr. Wisdom regularly counsels with clients on employee terminations, employment policies, employment contracts, covenants not to compete, wage and hour issues, leaves of absence, hiring, training, union avoidance, and drug testing.
Mr. Wisdom has advised clients in union campaigns from coast to coast. He speaks and writes frequently on employment related issues, and serves as an arbitrator and mediator in employment cases. Mr. Wisdom also serves as General Counsel for Houston Baptist University. In recent years, Mr. Wisdom has been recognized multiple times as one of the Best Lawyers in America. This prestigious list is published every two years, compiled through a confidential peer review of lawyers across a spectrum of 30 specialties from all 50 states and the District of Columbia. CBS Morning News has referred to this list as "All the Right Lawyers."
• Labor & Employment Litigation
• University of Houston J.D., magna cum laude, 1991
• Houston Law Review, Order of the COIF
• Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary – Master of Divinity,
summa cum laude, 1983
• Trinity University B.A., magna cum laude, 1978
• Trinity University, Phi Beta Kappa, 1978
• Super Lawyer, Texas Monthly Magazine
• Super Lawyer, Top 100 Lawyers in Houston
• Houston Top Lawyer
• Best Lawyers in America
continued on next page